Stay at Home Arrangement Helper
In order to help our families during this time of the COIVD-19 pandemic, we built this "Stay at Home Arrangement Helper." If you have recently lost a loved one or will soon, our directors will conduct a phone conference with you to help guide and walk you through this journey. We are and will continue to be 100% dedicated to our families with the very best service and quality available in our community.
Our director will schedule a time and this page will serve as an agenda for your phone conference.
There are various items that we need to be discussed during the time of the phone conference. We have categorized them into six groups:
1. Information Needed
- Vital statistics information
- Social security number
- Cemetery information
- Family contact information
- Life insurance policy information
- Click here to complete vital statistic details: https://www.moralesfuneralhome.com/contact-us/immediate-need-form
- - This information is required to begin the documentation and death certificate process
2. Decisions You Will Have to Make
- Burial, Cremation or International Shipment
- The cemetery for the burial of the casket or urn? View cemeteries in Houston here
- Would you like a private viewing? (limited to 40 family members and guests) - complimentary live-stream available
- Would you like a private graveside? (limited to 40 family members and guests) - complimentary live-stream available
- Would you like a private memorial service? (limited to 40 family members and guests) - complimentary live-stream available
- Would you like a public Celebration of Life at a later date?
- Will you have your pastor or an officiant?
- Merchandise selection
- Would you like to use our complimentary live-stream service so other friends and family can participate and interact during the visitation?
- Would you like to live-stream public or password protected?
- Would you like to publish an obituary in the newspaper? We offer a complimentary tribute page on our website at no additional cost.
3. Selections for the Service:
- Select Burial, Cremation or International Shipment Package: By phone, the Funeral Director can navigate you through the available packages.
- Burial Pricing: View Burial Packages
- Cremation Pricing: View Cremation Packages
5. Sign Forms
After all selections are made, we will email to obtain your electronic signature for necessary documents needed such as:
- Embalming Authorization/Refusal
- Authorization for Cremation
- Federal Trade Commission Disclosure Form
- Death Certificate Proof
6. Things You Need to Bring to the Funeral Home
- Clothing: undergarments, clothing, jewelry
- Veteran Discharge papers, if applicable
- Life Insurance Policy if paying with assignment
- Payment by check or cash if not paying with credit card
Due to the pandemic and the Shelter-in-Place Executive Orders from the CDC, State of Texas, and Harris County, we are not allowed to have more than 10 family members attend any event. All guests must remain a minimum of 6 feet from each other at all times. If a guest is coughing, sneezing, or has a fever they must exit immediately. The safety and health of your family and our staff is of the utmost importance.
We know that you may have other questions, so feel free to call us at anytime so that we can walk you your options and help you create the best possible plan for you.