How Many Certified Death Certificates Do I Need?
One of the most common questions Morales Funeral Home is asked by families is how many death certificates they need to order. Below is a list of areas where you may need (or want) a certified death certificate. The process for ordering them is the same regardless if you choose cremation or a burial.
Important: It is up to the financial institution to determine whether a copy of a death certificate is acceptable or if it must be a certified death certificate. In some cases, you may need to provide additional death certificates if there are multiple accounts. We recommend you check with the institution directly for their requirements.
Ordering Death Certificates
Morales Funeral Home places the initial order for death certificates, on your behalf at time of arrangements. Orders after can be placed directly with the State, City, County of with Morales funeral Home for an additional fee. The fee is $21.00 for the first copy, $4.00 for each additional copy purchased at the same time.
- City of Baytown City of Baytown office of vital records
- City of Galena Park City of Galena Park office of vital records
- City of Houston City of Houston birth and death certificates
- City of Pasadena City of Pasadena office of vital records
- City of Tomball City of Tomball birth and death records
- Harris County Clerk's office Harris County (unincorporated area and most cities)
- Texas Department of State Health Services Texas (Statewide) Death Records